How to Optimize the Google Ad Grant - 301
We want to help you effectively manage the Google Ad Grant for Nonprofits. With this grant, you can spend up to $120,000 next year in Google’s advertising dollars, all to help you multiply your digital impact. We’ve seen plenty of nonprofits max the potential offered by Google, and have spent tens of millions of the house’s dollars in Google Ad Grant campaigns to help organizations get there. That’s more donations, more volunteers, and more change in the world, on Google’s dime.
Join Digital Strategist Whaler and Google Ads Certified Professional Rachel Clemens in this 6 week course to set your grant up for success and increase conversions month-over-month. Together, we will reconfigure your account to follow best practices, set up new campaigns and ad groups, and run at least one A/B test to find the messaging that resonates with your followers.
- In order to follow along with this course’s lessons and activities, learners must have access to an operational Google Ad Grant. It must be active and you must have access to log in.
- If you do not have the Ad Grant yet, check if you are eligible, and consider applying, but note that it can take up to 6 weeks to get approved.
Due to the live nature of this course, the course will show as "Closed" until June, 9 2020.
What's Online Blended Learning?
So what exactly is a online blended learning course? The course combines structured live events with online content. Learners will complete work independently, submit questions to our expert, and attend live events weekly. Live events will also address questions and highlight learners' work during the course.
Course content will be delivered via video recordings, checklists, handouts, and weekly live events. The live event sessions will be hosted by [subject area] expert [name]. She’ll answer all of your questions, give you feedback on homework as well as provide best practices, tips, and a few tricks. All live events will be recorded and accessible throughout and after the course.
Live event schedule
This six-week course will feature 6 live events. All events will be recorded and accessible throughout the course duration. Course content will be available for one year after the course ends.
All live events start at 12 noon (Pacific) / 3 PM (Eastern) and run one hour.
Course opens June 14, 2020 - Login and introduce yourself to Rachel and your co-learners!
Week 1: June 16
Introduction to the Google Ad Grant: Account Structure + Policy
Week 2: June 23
Setting Campaign Goals
Week 3: June 30
Choosing Keywords and Writing Ads
Week 4:July 7
Building a Campaign
Week 5: July 14
Measuring + Management
Week 6: July 21
What are you going to learn?
After completing this six-week course, learners will be able to
- Stay compliant with Google Ads policies
- Structure your account, and describe the difference between campaigns and ad groups
- Set digital goals for their campaign and choose which landing pages to send traffic to
- Conduct keyword research and build ad groups around those keywords
- Write ad copy that people want to click on
- Run an ad copy A/B test
- Measure results and find insights in the data
- Optimize ads for different goal types