201 Database and CRM Migration - Prepare for Your Big Move
You might be moving from using Excel spreadsheets into your first real database. Or you may be moving from a system that your organization has outgrown into a shiny new CRM. Moving into a new database can be expensive, risky, and time-consuming. The goal of this course is to help you understand the ins and outs of a migration project and do your part to keep the work moving along on time and on budget.
This is a self-directed on-demand course. You will go through the following modules in this course:
- Module 1. Meet Your Migration Project
- Module 2. Easy and Effective Project Management
- Module 3. Managing People and Tasks
- Module 4. Problem-Solving Tips
- Module 5. Wrap up and Certificate
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Build confidence in leading and managing the tasks, people, and process of a migration project
- Describe the phases of a database migration project
- Identify your own role in the project
- Describe the real role of a project manager
- Apply the skills and tactics of project management
- Select the appropriate PM tools for your organization
- Describe the best practices for managing people and tasks
- Give and receive feedback effectively
- Identify and address issues that come up during the migration process
On-Demand Self-Directed Learning
In this course, you are going to learn at your own pace by going through the interactive presentations and completing the practice activities.
TechSoup equips changemakers with the transformative technology solutions and skills they need to improve lives globally and locally. TechSoup Courses provides online on-demand and live events so nonprofit organizations can improve their effectiveness and take full advantage of their technology.